|View printer-friendly version|
- Listing of 45'381'252 registered shares with a par value of 1/13 of
CHF 1per share
- Anticipated market capitalisation of more than
CHF 650 million
- Trading on SIX Swiss Exchange scheduled for
July 13, 2018under the ticker symbol 'OBSN'.
ObsEvahas a unique pipeline of novel and potential best-in class therapeutics to address serious conditions with a high unmet medical need affecting millions of women.
ObsEvatherapies in development reaching major clinical milestones in 2018 and confirmation of potential therapeutic benefits
The company is already listed on the NASDAQ Global Select Market (OBSV) since
Ernest Loumaye, CEO and Co-Founder of
An innovative pipeline for significant unmet patient needs
There are millions of women globally of reproductive age (15 - 49) who suffer from reproductive health conditions that affect their quality of life, their ability to conceive, or that result in pregnancy complications and newborn health issues. These women may require IVF to conceive, or they may be affected by conditions such as endometriosis, uterine fibroids and pre-term labor.
Treatments in development include:
- Linzagolix (OBE2109), a novel, oral GnRH receptor antagonist for the treatment of pelvic pain associated with endometriosis (200 million women affected) and heavy menstrual bleeding associated with uterine fibroids (80% of women develop the condition by age 50). In addition to treating the chronic symptoms of both conditions, treatment aims are to mitigate bone mineral density loss and other adverse effects associated with excessive estradiol suppression. Linzagolix is progressing well through clinical trials for the treatment of endometriosis and uterine fibroids. On
June 18, 2018, ObsEvaannounced successful results for EDELWEISS, a Phase 2b clinical trial of linzagolix for the treatment of endometriosis related pelvic pain.
- Nolasiban is an oral oxytocin receptor antagonist, to improve pregnancy and live birth rates in women undergoing IVF. IVF helps women achieve pregnancy through the collection of mature eggs in the ovaries, followed by fertilization and early embryo development in the laboratory before transfer of the embryos into the womb. A key focal point is improving IVF success utilizing single embryo transfer (SET), and avoiding transfer of multiple embryo transfers that lead to multiple pregnancies, and health risks associated with multiple births, including premature birth and low birth weight, in addition to much higher medical costs.
ObsEvabelieves that Nolasiban could represent a compelling option for increasing IVF outcomes and resulting in pregnancy/live birth rate. In February 2018, the company released positive results from the Phase 3 IMPLANT2 clinical trial in Europe. Nolasiban improved the rate of ongoing 10-week pregnancy, and appears well tolerated with a safety profile not different from placebo.
- OBE022 is an oral and selective prostaglandin receptor antagonist for treating preterm labor from 24 to 34 weeks gestational age. Preterm labor, defined as the body commencing the birthing process prior to 37 weeks, is characterized by uterine contractions, cervical dilation and rupture of the fetal membranes that surround and protect the fetus during pregnancy. Preterm labor can lead to preterm birth, which is currently the leading worldwide cause of death of newborn babies. To date, only treatments with limited efficacy or restrictive safety issues are available to treat preterm labor. OBE022 is designed to control preterm labor by reducing inflammation, decreasing uterine contractions and preventing cervical changes and fetal membrane ruptures. In
December 2017, ObsEvaannounced the initiation of PROLONG, a Phase 2a proof-of-concept trial of OBE022 being conducted in Europe. ObsEvaplans to announce initial interim efficacy results from the PROLONG clinical trial in the fourth quarter of 2018.
Clear strategy going forward
- Continuing to advance each of the current product candidates in their respective indications.
- Developing a targeted commercialization strategy for approved product candidates.
- Pursuing additional indications for the current product candidates.
- Leveraging the international product development experience and extensive network of clinical experts and pharmaceutical industry executives within women's reproductive health and pregnancy to in-license or acquire novel product candidates.
As part of the listing, 45'381'252 registered shares with a par value of
Free float of 45.84 %
45.84 % of the outstanding shares of
|Listing||SIX Swiss Exchange (International Reporting Standard)|
|Swiss security number||34'617'770|
|Par value||1/13 of CHF 1 per registered share|
|Number of listed shares||45'381'252 (plus formal listing of up 20'315'620 shares which may be issued out of the conditional capital)|
|Listing price||Will be set with the closing of NASDAQ on 12 July 2018|
|First day of trading||Expected on 13 July 2018|
This press release and further information can be found at www.obseva.com.
Copies of the listing prospectus can be obtained, free of charge in
For further information, please contact:
Media Contact Switzerland and
+41 22 308 6220 Office
+41 79 476 26 87 Mobile
Media Contact U.S.:
+1 646 770 8858
CEO Office Contact:
+41 22 552 1550
Senior Director, Investor Relations
+1 857 972 9347 Office
+1 781 366 5726 Mobile
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward Looking Statements
Any statements contained in this press release that do not describe historical facts may constitute forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These statements may be identified by words such as "believe", "expect", "may", "plan," "potential," "will," and similar expressions, and are based on
This is not an offer of securities for sale in
This material does not constitute or contain any offer to sell or invitation to subscribe or make commitments for or in respect of any security in any jurisdiction. There may be restrictions on the distribution of this material in certain jurisdictions, including